We all have those “aha!” moments when it comes to beauty and style, like the first time you figured out how to perfect your eyeliner, or manage your unruly curls or how to mix prints without looking like a goober. I had an aha! moment a month or so ago with my nighttime skin routine: moisturizer is for everyone and makes your skin look better.
I’m a girl who has lived with oily skin her entire life. I have tried everything to make my skin less oily, and in the process, dried it out. Where is the happy medium? Apparently, it can be achieved with a good moisturizer. I was all, “wait just a second….if my skin has moisture, it won’t go overboard on the oil production and cause breakouts [because really now, I'm almost 33, isn't it time for the pimples to stop?]”
I was thrilled to receive Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream in my Influenster VoxBox to try it out.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream Review
All in all, I am very impressed with this night cream. It’s made with natural ingredients, Total Soy Complex and vitamin B3 and oil-free, so it won’t clog pores or leave your skin feeling greasy or oily.
The price in drugstores and retail stores for Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream is between $14.99 and $16.99 for a 1.7 oz jar.
- The Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream texture is great. I don’t need too much extra moisture because of my naturally oily skin, and so many night creams I’ve tried in the past are way too thick and take too long to penetrate my skin. Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream has a very light texture and soaks into my skin almost immediately. When I wake up, my face is soft and smooth, not oily and “wet” feeling; that’s how I know it’s working.
- A little goes a long way, and when I say that, I mean DON’T PUT TOO MUCH ON. I made that mistake the first time I used Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream and I could see it on my skin. Take the time to massage it into your skin in circular motions. The 1.7 oz jar will last a very long time, even with nightly use.
- I saw results in the tone and color of my complexion after only a few days using Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream. I have very uneven color, and this cream helps even if out so my makeup has to work less hard…or so I don’t have to wear makeup at all on lazy days. Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream is supposed to decrease the appearance of brown spots, but I don’t have those yet, so I cant’ speak on that.
- The price of Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream isn’t bad compared to other night cream products on the market and especially compared to high-end creams.
- The fragrance of Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream is not the best, frankly. It isn’t intolerable, but it’s not something I’d like to slather on my body every day of my life and let people smell me (gross, Amanda…) The fragrance is very natural and organic, which makes sense because it’s free of fragrances and perfect for sensitive skin, but I do like a slightly stronger scent for my products.
- Frankly, the cheap part of me cringes at the thought of paying $17 for a night cream, but as I mentioned, a little goes a long way.
- The Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream doesn’t have a wrinkle-reducing component; however, Aveeno offers other products in this line that do.
All in all, I’m loving the Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream to give me smoother, more even skin and keeping my oily skin in check. Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream is available at drugstores and national discount stores, or online (Amazon, $16.99) Learn more about the product on the Avenno website.
What is your favorite night cream?
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.