We moved to Florida five years ago to a town that didn’t have a Kohl’s. I was astounded. Where else did people buy heavily discounted adorable clothes? How did they find budget clothes?
We were so desperate for a Kohl’s that we drove almost two hours to Jacksonville just to shop. Ridiculous, huh? Luckily, a kohls was built locally an I could continue my shopping for budget clothes.
My love affair with Kohls is old, deep and unending. Every time I walk in the doors, 30% coupon in hand, I get a rush of adrenaline. Finding new styles, budget clothes and saving money is to me like meth is to a meth addict, or newspapers are to hoarders, or like cats to crazy cat ladies. Saving money is an addiction and I don’t even have to lose all my teeth or smell like cat piss all the time.
When I see that 80% off rack at Kohl’s my heart beats faster. I’ve found so many great outfits there, in addition to purchasing budget clothes that are outside my style comfort zone for very little money. For instance, he green sequin top I wore out to dinner on New Years Eve:
It’s Jlo brand. I’m Amanda from the ‘burbs.
Kohls prices are so great, especially when you hit the clearance racks. You can almost always find something great on Kohl’s clearance instead of picked-over junk that’s too big or too small (like clearance racks everywhere else — I’m looking at you, Forever 21.)
Budget Clothes Shopping Tips
- Wait for a sale. Kohl’s regularly has clearance sales, door busters and seasonal sales, and they are well publicized.
- Sign up for the mailing list. You’ll get discounts and coupons all the time.
- Get a kohl’s card. Normally I don’t like store card or encourage anyone to sign up for one, but as a Kohl’s card holder, you get super deep discounts regularly. Many of these coupons can be used on clearance items. Bonus!
- Take your time browsing racks. It can look overwhelming, but there are cute budget clothes if you look. I like to pick things I like, then weed them out after I’ve grazed the aisles.
- Unless it’s something you can’t live without, wait till it goes on sale.
Ok, mama, I know. You don’t want to spend money on yourself because you have a little one, right? Stop right now. Turn that train of thought right around. Kohl’s budget clothes are so great that you can buy something for yourself and your little guy & girl! Have a Mom and Tot day and have a little left to spare. Kohls just launched a great online tool to help you browse for toys for your little ones based on age — so shopping online for toys is super easy.
I want you to experience the amazingness that is a Kohl’s sale and check out toys for your kids while you’re at it. Pamper yourself to some budget clothes and treat your babies — on me! I’m giving away a $50 Kohl’s giftcard! Check out the Rafflecopter form below for ways to enter. The giveaway will end on Saturday, 2/9 at midnight!