A Christmas conversation.
Starring me and my husband.
Me: I really don’t know why “These are a few of my favorite things” is a Christmas song.
Kelsey: Because she’s singing about Christmas things.
Me: No….it’s just her favorite things all year.
Kelsey: Yeah, I mean listen to the words.
Me: Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens; bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens.
Kelsey: Exactly. Christmas.
Me: Silver white winters….
Me: …that melt into spring.
[5 minutes goes by]
Me: Doorbells? Sleighbells? Schnitzel with noodles? Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels?
Kelsey: Sounds like Christmas to me.
Yes, you guys, we’re hella festive over here. We’re throwing baby Jesus a family party like we haven’t thrown in AGES, and I’m feeling the Christmas love. Or am I feeling the sugar high from 1.5 million cookies I eat daily? Or is this how it feels when a person is about to take two straight weeks off work with absolutely not a plan in the world?
All of the above. Those are a few of my favorite things, for sure.
Celebrities are in the festive mood, too, and by and large behaving themselves, so I’m sorry to say there isn’t much real gossip to report this week. Instead, let’s get filled with Christmas spirt by perusing TMZ and US Magazine for the best tidbits of the week.
- Oh, look. It’s LeAnn Rimes drunk again. Or at least people think she was it was LeAnn Rimes drunk during a performance on X-Factor during which she sang a duet with a contestant, then later threw her directly under the bus by saying she “had trouble hitting the notes.” Pot, meet kettle. HONK HONK, get under the LeAnn Rimes drunk bus! LeAnn Rimes says she was not drunk (but she totally was.)
- Lindsey Lohan says she refused to kiss Charlie Sheen during a Scary Movie 5 scene because his mouth grossed her out and she wasn’t sure “where his mouth had been” due to his hard partying ways. And you guys, Lindsey Lohan knows gross and hard partying.
- Justin Bieber was accused of animal cruelty by the California Hamster Association after he gave away his pet hamster to a screaming fan outside his concert. Mayan doomsday was right — for that hamster.
- Veteren ABC newscaster Sam Donaldson was arrested for a DUI in Delaware earlier in December. Pour out a 40 for the old school journalists, Sam.
- Madonna lost her darn mind at a concert in SAntiago, Chile after she spotted some concert-goers smoking cigarettes during sound check, leaving us all to wonder, “What has happened to Madonna?”
- Prince William and Princess Catherine will hire a nanny part-time when their first child is born next year, breaking from British tradition of having full-time child rearing help. Well pin a rose on your nose.
- Britney Spears said she was a “shy person” and that X-Factor brought her out of her shell.
- Lindsay Lohan had quite a year and Buzzfeed chronicled all her highs and lows.
- Jane Fonda turned 75 this week and she credited “good genes” and “money” for her youthful looks. This woman is 75!!!!
Ok, I think that about does it. Have a very Merry Christmas, y’all! in the words of LeAnn Rimes Drunk Face, “where’s the eggnog?”