We all love cupcakes, right? Cupcakes are the new 1/4 of a sheet cake, at least in our house.
I know that your Holiday parties are coming up fast and furious, right? And you’re like, Oh man, I have lovely Christmas treats to share with my friends but paper plates just aren’t going to cut it this time — I don’t want them to think I’m some kind of hobo who can’t place her Pinterest inspired sweet treats on proper place settings. But alas, what am I to do? I have spent all my money on Christmas gifts!
Your solution? A super-easy DIY tiered cupcake stand. It’s so easy, even the most un-crafty among us can do it. Plus? It could make a really cute gift for your favorite party-throwing friend you drew in the Secret Santa this year.
DIY Tiered Cupcake Stand
- 2 Glass or metal trays — get the cheap kind from Big Lots or Walmart or check out your local Salvation Army or Goodwill for some thrifted plates. One should be heavier than the other.
- 1 glass or metal candlestick holder — again, these are the types of items that people donate to thrift stores and are very affordable.
- Spray paint (any color — try chalkboard spray paint for a customizable DIY Tiered Cupcake Stand or Martha Stewart Pearl Paint for an elegant look)
- E600 glue, Gorilla Glue or other sturdy industrial glue
- Brush-on gloss glaze or clear coat sealer spray paint (OPTIONAL)