Tired of eating turkey? How about sinking your teeth into a deliciously juicy celebrity conspiracy theory? It’s been awhile since uncovered Beyonce’s surrogacy and Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes’ sham marriage. Here’s a new one involving Halle Berry and a huge Thanksgiving day fight between her fiance Olivier Martinez and her baby daddy, Gabriel Aubry. I’m going to tell you how Gabriel Aubry was set up.
First, here’s what went down.
The story law enforcement sources gave media outlets after the melee on Thanksgiving was that Gabriel Aubry showed up at Halle Berry’s home around 10 a.m. with their daughter, Nahla, for a hand-off. Apparently, this is quite normal and happens often. Witnesses said Olivier walked down the “motor court” and said to Gabriel Aubry, “We have to move on.” At this point, witnesses (from Halle’s camp) said Gabriel threw a punch, but Olivier blocked it, punched Gabriel in the face, scuffled for awhile with him, then Olivier pinned Gabriel to the ground. Olivier made a citizens arrest for battery (according to a TMZ report). Police were called and Gabriel Aubry was taken to the emergency room at an LA hospital where he was treated for a broken rib, contusions to the face, and possible head injury. After he was treated, he was booked for misdemeanor battery and his bail set at $20,000.
These are reports culled from witness in Halle Berry’s staff and law enforcement reports taken from Olivier after the fight.
I read it at first and thought, wow, that guy has gone done lost it, poor thing, he must have just flipped his lid. Then I read through a few comments from the readers on some of the coverage who adamantly claim that Gabriel Aubry was set up and it started to make more sense to me.
Through various news and established personality traits of the people involved, I think Gabriel Aubry was set up; baited to either start a fight or participate in a fight in order for Halle Berry to remove their daughter from her father’s life.
Gabriel Aubry was set up: The Facts
- Gabriel Aubry’s version of the argument in his declaration to the court is a full 180 from the version Halle and Olivier’s camp reported. Gabriel said that the night before Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving eve, if you will) Olivier approached him at Nahla’s school play and whispered in his ear in French: ”I wish I could beat the s**t out of you right now. You’re lucky we’re in a school right now.” Read more about Gabriel’s version of the altercation on USA Today or TMZ (choose your poison.)
- Gabriel also said it was unusual for Olivier to meet Gabriel for the handoff; usually, a nanny acts as a go-between. Gabriel said Olivier said “We need to talk,” and when Gabriel walked to his car to leave, Olivier knocked him down and started beating him, slamming Gabriel’s head on the concrete ground. The model also said Olivier threatened to kill him if he didn’t move to France with the family and also if Gabriel didn’t admit he was the one who started the fight.
- Halle Berry filed for a temporary restraining order on November 25 against Gabriel Aubry, asking that he stays more than 100 yards away from the three of them. The Temporary order expires Tuesday, November 27.
- Gabriel Aubry obtained a restraining order against Olivier Martinez on November 26 that will extend until December 17.
- Gabriel Aubry went to court November 27 to ask the judge to lift the temporary restraining order filed by Halle Berry so he can see his daughter.
- On November 9, a judge ruled that Halle Berry could not permanently move to France with Nahla, siding with Gabriel Aubry, who shares custody of the 4-year-old. Halle Berry claimed that paparazzi made life dangerous for she and her daughter, but the judge wanted Gabriel Aubry, who works in LA as an actor and model, to continue to be a part of his daughter’s life. Read more about the ruling here.
- (Gabriel claimed that Olivier was angry that he had cost Halle $3 million in court costs during the battle to move Nahla to France.)
- In March, the Los Angeles County Department of Family and Children Services investigated a child endangerment case against Gabriel Aubry. The family’s nanny claimed he pushed her while she was holding Nahla. The DFCS dropped the case citing lack of evidence that Nahla was in any kind of danger.
- Olivier Martinez, who was way, WAY hotter when he was in Unfaithful, boasted about his previous experience as a boxer in Paris. ”[Boxing is] savage, but with rules, and a high sense of morality…I’ve always liked boxing because it’s hard, it’s violent, but it’s honest.” Read the entire article here in Ocean Drive Magazine.
- In June, a police report was filed against Olivier Martinez by a photographer, who claimed the actor backed into his car and threatened to hurt him.