I’m hanging out at home with my baby today because he’s feeling mildly sick. Now, normally, I’d probably fuss about this because I’m missing a day of work, but I’m considering this a dual mental health day/day off, even though we got up at 7 in the morning and watching a child isn’t really like a “day off” as you stay at home moms know. Besides, we have to get this kid feeling 100% again — in just over a week, we’ll be celebrating Halloween with my sister at Disney! I’m refashioning a Charlie Brown costume for my (still bald)
baby toddler…post to come.
Anyway. Things I’ve learned today: 1) blanket forts are awesome. 2) Cinderella is the original refashioner. 3) Somehow I got into a time machine and it’s 1998.
Oh yeah, that has to be the explanation for the majority of the TMZ tweets sent to my phone the past few days being about Britney Spears. Britney Spears is in the news not for anything happening on The X-Factor, but because her parents, Lynne and Jamie Spears, are being sued by Britney Spears former manager, Sam Lufti, for libel and defamation.
Lynne came under fire from Sam Lufti, after Lynne made what Sam claims are “libelous statements” in her book, “Through the Storm: A real story of fame and fortune in the tabloid world”. The suit, filed in 2009, began this week with a few titillating bits of gossip, including the following bombshells:
- Amphetamines were at the root of Britney’s bizarre behavior in 2007, including the infamous umbrella hitting incident.
- Drug-sniffing dogs found bags of crystal meth in Britney Spears’ home.
- Britney Spears shaved her head to cover drug up her drug use.
- Britney Spears OD’d on meth the day she was committed to a 5150 (somebody call the popo!)(for you country music fans out there.)
- Lynne Spears is an anti-Semite. ALLEGEDLY. Allegedly.
What else is going on in Hollyweird?
- Tom Hanks dropped the f-bomb on “Good Morning America” this morning…oh, what a rascal.
- A producer for a former Lindsay Lohan project claims Lindsay Lohan blew off the project. At this point, she’s blown off work more than she’s actually BEEN to work.
- The acquittal of Howard K. Stern, the manager who allegedly drugged Anna Nicole Smith for years before her overdose and tragic death, has been overturned — and he might be facing jail time as a result. The ghost of Anna Nicole Smith is still confused.
- Flavor Flav, rapper and reality TV bastion, was arrested for misdemeanor battery (for throwing his fiance to the ground and ripping out her earring) and a felony weapon charge (for chasing his soon-to-be step son around the house with two knives.) The couple were in an argument over his fidelity. Well you don’t say….
- Lance Armstrong stepped down from his Livestrong charity amid increasingly damning allegations that he took part in illegal doping. And then TMZ made it funny.
- Donald Trump weighted in on Twitter about the Robsten reunion, tweeting, “He can do so much better.” Have we figured out why Donald Trump needs to weigh in on this?
- Uma Thurman revealed the name of her 4-month-old daughter: Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson — Luna for short. You know….for Lunatic.
- Jef Holm (Bachelorette “winner”) and Emily Maynard (Bachelorette) have broken up. here’s the appropriate way to react.
Enjoy your weekend, and be safe traveling back to 2012!