Amanda Bynes has been in the news a lot lately, being weird and acting out the death wish she has for herself and the driving community of Los Angeles. For me, it’s a delightful downward spiral akin to Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan’s days or yore, complete with bizarre behavior, lots of random sunglasses wearing when it’s dark, and brushes with the law.
But for you, it must be very, very confusing. Who is this Amanda bynes? Why is she driving a BMW? Where did Amanda Bynes get her money? Is Amanda Bynes a socialite? Is she someone’s trophy wife? Why haven’t I heard of her before? Why should I care?
I’m here to answer some of these questions (except for “why should I care?” because frankly, you shouldn’t) with 10 things you should know about Amanda Bynes.
- Amanda Bynes is 26 years old.
- Amanda Bynes started her career as a Nickelodeon actress, staring in programs such as All That and The Amanda Show. SHe later starred in a WB show called What I Like About You with Jennie Garth.
- Amanda Bynes has starred in six tween films: She’s The Man; Sydney White; Easy A; What a Girl Wants; Big Fat Liar’ and Hairspray.
- In 2006, Amanda Bynes was named one of Teen People’s “25 Hottest Starts Under 25″.
- In 2007, Forbes listed her as the fifth highest paid celebrity under 21, earning $2.5 million during her career.
- Amanda Bynes signed a five-year deal with Steve & Barry’s (remember that store, you guys??) to create a fashion line, which launched in 2007; the next year, the store filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy (coincidence????)
- Amanda Bynes used to love her some Twitter.
- Amanda Bynes “retired” from acting at 24.
- Amanda Bynes starred in her last movie in 2010.
- Amanda Bynes is not NEARLY as bad as Lindsay Lohan (reports Amanda Bynes.)
Now do you know who she is?