Did y’all miss the Roundup last week?
If you’re a fan of It’s Blogworthy on Facebook, (which you should be, what the heck is wrong with you?), you’ll know that I had an emergency department bbq. I’m sorry, but if I’m given the choice between an all-you-can-eat buffet of deliciousness and writing the Celebrity Roundup, I’m going with buffet. Always. I mean, hello! There was chicken wing dip!
So I promised to post it Monday, but I came down with the stomach bug that’s going around. Then it was pretty much too late. I actually had the Roundup about 80 percent written last Friday, so instead of wasting all those hilarious words, I’m giving you two weeks worth of news…..it’s like two Roundups for the PRICE OF ONE!!!!!1111
Drew Barrymore wed fiance and baby-daddy Will Kopelman on June 2 at her $5.7 million Motecito, CA, home. The bride dreamed of a backyard wedding, and wedding planner Yifat Oran gave her a lovely “vintage romantic” fete.
Drew Barrymore, whose new father-in-law is the former CEO of Chanel, wore a dress custom designed for her by Karl Lagerfeld featuring muslin and organza, tulle flowers, feathers and a black satin belt.You know, just your everyday average backyard Chanel wedding dress.
Guests included Cameron Diaz, who recited an EE Cummings poem at the wedding, and Jimmy Fallon, who claims he “rocked out 80′s style” at the wedding reception. The happy couple shared a smooch as they drove off in their classic Mercedes after the reception.
Last weekend brought us another fab celebrity wedding, when perpetual hippie Matthew McConaughey threw on some shoes and a tux and married long-time love and baby-mama Camila Alves. Parents to Livi and Vida, Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves married in a private ceremony on their ranch in Austin, Texas. Camila wore a stunning hand-beaded dress by Brazillian dress designer Ducarmo castelo Branco, a 78-year-old family friend, and topped off her look with a dazzling Neil Lane headpiece and veil that I wasn’t crazy about but really, nobody asked me (shame.)
Camila Alves will officially become Camila McConaughey for many reasons, but mostly because son Levi has asked her why he’s a McConaughey and she isn’t. From the mouths of babes, eh?
The wedding was only a small part of the three-day summer fun extravaganza and the couple’s compound. They set up a high-end campground complete with air-conditioned tends, gourmet meals and entertainment. Leave it to Matthew McConaughey to turn his wedding into a festival.
Another happy girl ready for some fun? Miley Cyrus, who announced her engagement to Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth. Miley Cyrus, former child star turned singer and…child bride? has been dating Liam Hemsworth since they starred together in the Nicholas Sparks film The Last Song.
Miley Cyrus was gifted a Neil Lane 3.5 carat cushion-cut diamond ring set in 18-karat gold styled with diamond floral motifs. I’m sure that goes great with her other lovely styles. Also related? Right now Neil Lane is doing laps in his pool filled with 100 dollar bills.
The couple hasn’t set a date yet, but it will probably be two years from never, because she’s 19 and this won’t last.
One. and. DONE!
- R&B stars Chris Brown and Drake got into a brawl at an NYC nightclub earlier this week, possibly over Rihanna, leaving many patrons (and Brown himself) injured. How about instead of dog fighting, we have rapper fighting?
- Teen Mom Amber Portwood reported to jail for her 5-year sentence after telling a judge she’d rather go to jail than rehab. And mother of the year award goes to…….
- Maria Shriver was see leaving a psychic reading store in Brentwood, where she’s supposedly a regular. Um, I don’t think you’re doing it right, psychic, if you left out one critical detail..like..her husband fathering a child with her maid…
- Lindsay Lohan is not sure about all the nudity in her upcoming movie. Too little, too late, Lilo.
- The race is on for for Prince William and Princess Katherine to make a baby. The Queen apparently runs on baby snuggles and she’s getting dangerously low.
- Demi Moore’s daughters fear she’ll have another meltdown and relapse. I know Ashton loves him some hot messes, but Demi, this is no way to get him back.
- Megan Fox and Anna Ferris stepped out with some “big” baby bumps (it’s all relative…) and Jessica Simpson’s thighs don’t realize she’s not pregnant anymore.
- Amanda Bynes tweeted President Obama last week, asking him to “fire” the cop who pulled her over for a DUI. I’m sure that’s way up there on his list.