We’ve made it to another Friday. Let’s all take a moment to congratulate ourselves on such a wonderful achievement. From now on, we should all put “Make it to Friday” on our to-do list so that when Friday gets here and we’re still breathing, we can cross that off with a flourish.
This week was a rough one at the Austin’s. I worked 10 hour days in preparation of our website launch at work, we had a Tuesday that looked suspiciously like a Monday, it rained a lot and our family had some goodbyes to say. Plus, I’m very tired from staying up three consecutive nights to watch Hatfields & McCoys on the History channel, which concluded Wednesday with 14.3 million viewers, making it the highest rated non-sports and non-news program ever on an ad-supported cable. It proves once again that people care about history when Kevin Costner is involved.
I forced my husband to explain lots of things to me during our mini-series watching, including “Why is there so much blood? Why are they fighting so much?” to which he answered, “It’s a blood feud, babe.” So basically, I’m ready to get this week into the history books and to close that book firmly. I’m seriously considering starting a blood feud with this week.
There were a bunch of celebs ready to start blood feuds this week. Would you like me to tell you all about it? Of course you do!
Jessica Simpson, new mama to baby girl Maxwell, started a blood feud with her baby weight this week after she announced she would be the new face of Weight Watchers (since Charles Barkley and Jennifer Hudson are skinny now.) The news of Jessica Simpson’s new partnership with Weight Watchers was announced in the newest issue of People Magazine, featuring Jessica Simpson and her baby girl on the cover.
While pregnancy wasn’t so good to Jessica Simspon’s waistline, it was good to her pocketbook. She was reportedly paid $800,000 for the first baby pictures of little Maxwell and another $3 million for her weight watchers sponsorship.
Jessica Simpson will be fighting her fat with what Weight Watachers calls a “strong focus on health eating, behavioral change, activity and support”. Much better than Beyonce’s post-baby weight loss, which is eating only lettuce and not having a baby.
Another blood feud in the making? Martin Short and Kathie Lee Gifford. During an interview last week on the Today show, Kathie Lee Gifford asked Martin Short about how he keeps the romance alive with his wife — who passed away in 2010 of complications from cancer. They must have been out of champagne for her morning pre-interview prep mimosa.
Marin Short and his wife, Nancy Dolman, had been married 30 years and had three children. Short, who knows how to handle fools because he plays them in his character roles, handled the gaffe with grace, for which Kathie Lee Tweeted “I’m so grateful”. Although she Tweeted her apology to the wrong Twitter handle, Martin Short graciously accepted, saying “It’s live television and people make mistakes” (and I’m reading between the lines and adding “especially when they are drunk.”)
Justin Bieber is fixin’ to start a blood feud with a glass wall after he ran into one during a concert in Paris and was knocked out for 15 seconds. He recovered quickly and finished his set, later telling reporters he is “tough” because he’s Canadian. Riiggght.
This isn’t the first run-in with glass for the Bieb. In this 2010 viral video, Justin Bieber gets smacked in the head with a glass revolving door. This kid is a millionaire. What’s wrong with this picture?
One and done!
- Mary Kate Olsen is dating 42-year-old Olivier Sarkozy, half-brother of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy. Maybe she doesn’t know he’s no longer president of France?
- Alana Thompson, the little lady on Toddlers & Tiaras obsessed with pixie stix and calling everyone “Honey boo boo”, will get her own spinoff. Therapists, the line forms here.
- Mark Zuckerberg was denied cash from an ATM in Italy, where he’s honeymooning with new wife Priscilla Chan. LIKE!
- Crystal Harris, ex-fiancee of Hugh Hefner, moved back in to the Playboy mansion this week after dumping Hef one week before their wedding last June.
- Dancing with the Stars professional dancers Macks Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd were caught smooching in Las Vegas. So much hotness in that pair, I’m surprised the camera didn’t implode when the photog snapped that pic.
- Brooke Mueller, actress…model…I actually have no idea what she is or why she’s famous, has checked herself back in to rehab for a drug addiction. There needs to be a Charlie Sheen addiction clinic around here somewhere…
- Katy Perry was spotted without makeup and crazy hair looking quite normal. Just like a lady I saw at the store yesterday, except that lady’s candy cane boob covers were pink, not red.
Have a great weekend! (Now go check out Surferwife’s Fashion Disasters!)