When you hear me say TGIF today, I mean every single letter.
Friday, as in the day before the morning where my baby will *usually* sleep in until 9 a.m. At what point in my life did 9 a.m. become sleeping in? Probably the same day I pushed that little guy out of my body.
But I digress. (Per usual.)
On December 31, 2011, my husband and I sat in front of our living room tv and watched the countdown to the new year with Ryan Seacrest (because I love me some Seacrest and that’s a true story.) The ball dropped, Fergie and Jenny McCarthy acted at least 20 years younger than their age, Seacrest stood by patiently, thinking about his Olympic sized pool filled with 100 dollar bills and Dick Clark appeared with his wife for his annual “New Year’s Kiss” and to let everyone know that, despite what Twitter might say, he was still alive.
Sadly, my husband’s psychic abilities were on for once.
Dick Clark, television legend and cultural icon of a generation, died of a massive heart attack Wednesday after undergoing an outpatient procedure in L.A.
Dick Clark, whose health had been in steady decline since suffering a stroke in 2004, is survived by his three children; third wife, Kari Wigton; and a slew of memorable tv shows, including American Bandstand, Pyramid, TV’s Bloopers and Practical Jokes and of coure, New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
As usual, celebrities came out of the woodwork to pay their respects in the easiest way possible (via Twitter), including Ryan Seacrest, who was probably the only celebrity on Twitter who legitimately was influenced professionally by Dick Clark. Seacrest and American Idol producers put together a lovely tribute to Clark on the show Wednesday.
Also throwing in his two cents was ass wipe and “wait, why is he famous again?” actor Dennis Leary, who called Dick Clark a “leather faced lizard person” (nice.)
Rest in Peace, Dick Clark! New Year’s Eve will never be the same.
Alright, let’s discuss the difference between the class and dignity of stars of the past and “hot messitude” of starlets of today. And let’s start with Amanda Bynes.
Amanda Bynes, teen star turned acting retiree at the ripe old age of 24, was arrested last Friday for drinking and driving after she sideswiped a cop car in L.A. After her arrest and release, she turned right around and went BACK to the club the next night.
Earlier this week, Amanda Bynes had more traffic “uh-ohs” when she took two hours to make a three point turn into a restaurant I’d probably have to save for months to dine in and was caught texting on her iPhone while driving, which is illegal in California.
Although Amanda Bynes’ father said she was not drunk the night of her DUI arrest, friends believe she’s been “lost” in recent years and are encouraging Amanda to seek help.
In case you’re trying to compare her to the other blond teen star whose legal troubles have outshone her acting ability, slow your roll because she ain’t no Lindsey Lohan — and believes the comparison is “unfair”.
Time for the one-and-dones!
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and their six-kid brood headed to the Galapagos Islands to celebrate their engagement. But lest you think she’s an entitled rich person, she’s not: She also rides the bus.
- Mel Gibson further cemented his status as an insane lunatic after an X-rated audio tapped rant was released. II dont’ care if he did direct The Passion of the Christ – he’s gonna have a lot of ‘splainin to do at the pearly gates.
- Christina Aguilera was criticized for giving Justin Beiber the cold shoulder during his performance on The Voice, but she responded that it was just a case of “Beiber Fever”. Whew, we can all rest well tonight now that she’s cleared that up.
- After months of speculation, Jason Segel and Michelle Williams appeared together as a couple for the first time at the premiere for Segel’s new movie. Maybe opposites attract?
- Jennifer Love Hewitt tweeted a picture of herself without makeup, and I could hardly recognize her without 14 pounds of mascara.
- Anne Hathaway, debuted a super skinny look on the set of Les Miserables. Something makes me think that when stars have to “lose weight for roles” they love it more than they let on.
- Anna Paquin and husband Stephen Moyer announced they were expecting a little baby half vampire! Oh wait, that’s just a show, right?
- TMZ reported the boyband One Direction and other boyband The Wanted were in the middle of a feud, and then Brian Littrel from the Backstreet Boys weighs in and it gets awesome.
Have a wonderful weekend, and don’t do anything Amanda Bynes wouldn’t do!
I want some pizza.
Want to hear about my other random cravings? Like It’s Blogworthy!
Have you linked up with Drawestin: A DrawSomething Linkup yet? What are you waiting on! Open all month!