As I’m writing this, we’re within hours of the start of the weekend.
I feel like I’m being pretty patient with today, considering I got up early to get to work early and realized half-way to daycare I forgot my phone (and heaven forbid) and then my gas light came on and then the Kangaroo was out of the espresso shot cups for my coffee and then….well that’s really all. But it wasn’t a fun start to Friday.
What’s getting me through the day? The delicious cook-out tonight with steaks on the grill and corn, eaten on my new pergola with my parents, who now live 10 minutes away. Summer…………..she is coming.
Can we all agree that cook-outs are super fun? If not, we can’t be friends. I’m sorry. It’s not me, it’s you.
You know what else is super fun? BABIES. And I have a baby-filled Celebrity Roundup for you today.
The best news is first. My second favorite E!News host, Giuliana Rancic, and her husband, investment banker and former Apprentice winner Bill Rancic, announced to the world they are expecting a baby through a “gestational surrogate”.
Giuliana Rancic, who was diagnosed with and treated for cancer in 2011, had her eggs frozen before her treatment. Pregnancy can be dangerous after cancer, and Giuliana would have to wait several years before trying to get pregnant due to continued treatment. The couple found a surrogate they “adore“, and join other celebrity couples who have brought children into their lives via surrogate.
“She is giving us the greatest gift we’re ever getting in our lives,” Giuliana, 37, told people.
The surrogacy journey will be highlighted on this season’s Giuliana and Bill, and clips are already available of the couple finding out their surrogate is pregnant. Congrats to the couple!
What’s in the Hollywood water that brings out the fertile myrtle in these stars? This week, Sister, Sister star Tamera Mowry-Housley announced she’s expecting her first with husband Adam Housley, and actress Megan Fox announced her first pregnancy with her husband, actor Brian Austin Green. Other celebrity stork visits? Drew Barrymore, who recently got engaged to boyfriend of one year, Will Kopelman; Melissa Joan Heart, who is expecting her third child; and Sarah Michelle Gellar, who just announced she’s expecting her second child with husband Freddy Prinze Jr.
Jack Osborne and his fiance, Lisa Stelly, made Sharon and Ozzy Osborne grandparents this week with the birth of their little girl, Pearl. Also still adjusting to new motherhood is Hilary Duff, who gave birth last month to baby Luca, and whose biggest motherhood surprise is the lack of sleep. She must not read Mommy blogs, then.
Just for the record, Jessica Simpson is still fully impregnated as of 10 a.m. Friday morning.
Let’s hope the baby makin’ days are over for Octomom and crazy person Nadya Sulman, who is in the news this week for allowing her children to live in squalor while she pays $500 plus to get her hair did. That’s a true story. A true and very sad story.
Pictures were leaked of Octomom’s L.A. home, filled with graffiti, pants-less children and only one functioning toilet (in addition to the training toilets on the patio outside.) Although Nadya Sulman, who has 14 children via IVF, said the photos were part of a “set-up” to make her look like a terrible mother (she’s doing a fine job making herself look like a terrible mother, thankyouverymuch), the photos prompted a visit from the Orange County Department of Children and Family Services.
The photos, news and visit from the POLICE were enough for Nadya to have her walls painted and hopefully to get her pipes fixed, and I mean that in more than one way. If it takes a visit from the cops to investigate child neglect for you to clean up your home, there’s a problem.
Because Nadya Suleman was paying all kinds of cash money to get a Brazillian Blowout, the company reached out to Nadya, offering her free Brazillian Blowouts for life if she’ll just quit using her welfare money to pay for hair treatments already for crying out loud. Not the easiest way to get free hair care, but whatever. She clearly marches to the beat of a different drummer.
One and done time!
- Lindsey Lohan’s guest stint on Glee was a “nightmare” according to the cast and crew. Because Lindsey Lohan has been such a gem to work with in the past.
- Justin Beiber and Lady GaGa will play aliens in the new Men in Black 3. At least we know tweens will be going to see Men in Black 3.
- Happy Anniversary, Prince William and Princess Katherine! Of course, now you’ve been married a year, the pregnancy rumors can really kick up — like the one where the couple saw a baby and got “googly eyed”. That’s the layman’s term for Baby Fever.
- Snooki would die if her bump gets as big as Jessica Simpson’s. Jessica Simpson would die if she was as trashy as Snooki, so I guess they’re even.
- Britney Spears’ fiance Jason Trawick is now co-conservator of her fortune. Hey guys, 1950 called, they want their misogynistic attitude toward money back.
- Philadelphia rapper Wiz Kalifa was busted for smoking pot in his hotel room in Nashville. To the surprise of no one.
- People are still asking Jennifer Aniston about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. She needs to get hitched and bust out a kid or two so people will shut up about it.