I have three reasons to be excited it’s the weekend and one reason I’m not.
It get to sleep in for a little while.
Saturday is my “splurge day” and there are some Samoas just begging to be devoured.
I see no reason that I’ll have to actually put on pants.
And why I’m not?
Not the baby. UNDER the baby. That’s clean laundry ready to be folded and has been for about two weeks. We’re just picking our clean clothes off the floor and putting them on our bodies.
Nothing but pure class at the Austin house.
But at least we found each other to be messy with — that’s real love. And didn’t even have to go on a reality TV show to find it.
Speaking of real love, Bachelor Ben Flajnik choose the least of 25 evils and proposed to Courtney Robertson during the season finale of the show on Monday night. Less than ten minutes later, the couple admitted on After the Final Rose that they were “on a break”. You guys, that didn’t work twenty years ago on Friends. Why would it work out for your fragile relationship?
Ben said he felt overwhelmed and needed to clear his head (with several other women in San Francisco, as you do) and broke off the engagement. The break-up happened around Valentines Day, as broken-hearted Courtney Robertson recounted that she didn’t get anything from Ben – not a card, not even a SINGLE ROSE (Irony.)(Maybe he used up all his roses whilst on the Bachelor). The couple is now back together.
And in other news, Barbara Walters thinks The Bachelor is degrading to women and is deeply offended (like, 15 seasons too late, Wa Wa.)
Another couple was raising some eyebrows this week. Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, was seen out and about canoodling with her ‘adopted’ brother, Nick Gordon. There have even been reports the pair are secretly engaged.
Houston took Nick Gordon under her wing and raised him as her stepson in secret (worst kept secret….) Now the singer’s mother, Cissy Houston, has called the relationship between her granddaughter and step-grandson “incestuous” (a claim Bobbi Kristina denies) and believes Nick is taking advantage of Bobbi Kristina during a very vulnerable time.
Incest? I’m pretty sure you have to be blood related for it to be incest. Cissy, maybe you were searaching for another I word — icky perhaps?
Bobbi Kristina claims Whitney Houston is talking to her from beyond the grave. Wonder what she’s saying about this hookup?
Real love beginning for some couples, and ending for others. One sad example? Former 90210 star Jennie Garth and Twilight actor Peter Facinelli are filing for divorce after 11 years of marriage. They cited irreconcilable differences for the split and said they would remain friends. AND SCENE. Twihards, does this guy push your buttons? He’s all yours.
In other parts of the celebrity gossip world:
- Chad Ochocinco spent $3,000 on dinner for 200 of his closest Twitter followers. Those people deserve a good meal in exchange for following Chad Ochocinco’s nonsense on Twitter
- Remember Curly Sue from the movie Curly Sue? That girl got married.
- Lindsay Lohan may be in trouble again after “hitting” a restaurant manager with her Black Porche as she was trying to avoid a swarm of paparazzi. And by hit, I mean “grazed his knee”. I’m sorry, y’all, but I”m with LiLo on this one. Somebody’s looking for a payday and I don’t mean the candybar.
- Jessica Simpson‘s preggo hormones were raging on Fashion Star premiere when she told one of the contestants she wanted to smack him in the face. Now you know how we’ve felt about you all these years.
- Charlize Theron announced she adopted a baby boy she named Jackson. Spelled just like that — like a normal person.
- Jessica Alba was on the cover of Parenting Magazizne this month with her two stupid-cute daughters, looking all skinny and fresh faced like she got a solid 10 hours of sleep the night before. What’s that like, I wonder? PS Haven is wearing American Eagle clothes that probably weren’t purchased at a consignment sale. Baby Blogworthy says, “Hm, what’s that like, I wonder?”
- Beyonce was out and about with baby Blue Ivy, both wearing adorable shoes. Suri Cruise is all, “I know adorable shoes, and those are NOT ADORABLE SHOES. They don’t even have a heel.”
DawsonJames VanDerBeek welcomed a new (probably red-headed) son. He announced the birth on Twitter, adding, “If I could bottle up this feeling there would be no more war #fatherhood”. I can’t even be snarky — that’s adorable.
- The media continued trying to make us care about the Jolie-Pitts by printing pictures of Shiloh and Zahara “making funny faces” that…weren’t….funny:?
I”m spent. Happy Friday!