We made it to another Friday.
This has been a rough one for me, what with my loaner phone stinking up the place, then getting strep throat and then getting a cold on top of the strep throat. It’s just enough aggravation to make a person pick a fight with another person on Twitter.
Of course, I’m not going to do that because I’m not a celebrity, and it seems like that’s all they do sometimes — just pick fights with other people. What is it about having more money than sense that makes you incapable of keeping your cool?
It just leaves you saying, “Oh no they didn’t!”
The first celebrity leaving me to SMH today is Alec Baldwin, perennial hot-head, who was kicked off an American Airlines flight Tuesday because he refused to stop playing Words with Friends. After being asked to turn off his iPhone during takeoff, Baldwin took the phone into the bathroom where he slammed the door and proceeded to furl expletives at the staff.
When he landed in NYC (on another American Airline flight, natch), Alec Baldwin Tweeted:
“Last flight with American, where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950s find jobs as flight attendants,”
Which, I’m not even sure what that means, but whatever. He later deleted his Twitter account, but took to the Huffington Post for the most backhanded apology ever, slamming American Airlines and comparing the ordeal to a “Greyhound bus experience.”
Hey hey hey! Leave Greyhound out of it! They got 99 problems and Alec Baldwin ain’t one.
All this begs the question: Is Alec Baldwin now the celebrity spokesman for Words with Friends? (I think yes.)
Who is worse: The Kardashians or the cast of Teen Moms?
Both camps were in the news this week when Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Tweeted that she was “shocked” about Kourtney Kardashian‘s second pregnancy and wondered why Kourtney didn’t learn anything from Teen Mom.
I like to snark on the Kardashians as much as the next celebrity recapper, but being 32 years old, in a relatively stable relationship and financially independent is just a little different than being a Teen Mom.
Abraham went on to say:
“Double standards in this world? Yes, and guess what? Age and money honestly do not change a person’s poor choice. Quit making excuses,”
Wait. What kind of world are we living in where Kourtney Kardashian is the model of logic?
It didn’t take long for it to get rull dirty. Kourtney’s baby-daddy Scott Disick chimed, calling Farrah a “shit stain” and pointing out that neither of them were teenagers, but with much more colorful language.
Scott Disick — what a class act.
More celebrity slams? Don’t mind if I do!
Jesse OH NO YOU DIDN’T. Sandra Bullock is a lot of things: funny, talented, America’s Sweetheart, adoptive mom to a gorgeous little boy, humble, do-gooding but she is NOT just “some Hollywood actress.” YOU SIR are out of line!
Isn’t it fantastic how a person who cheated on his wife with multiple women feels like he has the right to slam her just to get back a quickly diminishing fan base?
God Bless America.
But wait! There’s more
- Kirstie Alley was seen out and about looking like her face was melting off her skull. Losing weight can do that to a person. I hear Kate Gosslin can hook you up with a great plastic surgeon.
- Guiliana Rancic will undergo a double masectomy.
- Kate Middleton held her clutch across her stomach upon arrival at a concert, which of course means only one thing: pregnancy.
- Sinead O’Connor, who was complaining about how lonely she was on Twitter not three months ago wed her 4th husband Thursday. With four husbands, when did she have time to be a lesbian?
- Octomom Nadya Suleman scored a 6-figure deal for an online parenting advice show. First piece of advice: have a ton of kids so you can get rich!!!!!1111
- Kevin “Fatty” Federline collapsed during the taping of Excess Baggage, the Australian version of Celebrity Fit Club, due to heat exhaustion.
- Lindsey Lohan‘s playboy cover was leaked earlier in the week, probably by her own mother. Some Photoshop expert earned their bonus this year!