Alright, let’s get real here. Who is reading today, raise your hand?
I’m pretty sure most of you are off work today for Veteran’s Day. I mean, except for Moms, who are never really off work. Actually, now that I think about it, I’m not so much off work as I am working my second full time job that pays nothing, requires me to wipe someone else’s butt and where my boss screams at me for no reason.
Motherhood. It’s so sexy.
You want to talk motherhood? You don’t know nothin’ bout birthin’ no babies compared to Michelle Duggar, matriarch, wife of Jim Bob Dugger and chief incubator from TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, who announced this week she is pregnant with the couple’s 20th baby.
Although her youngest daughter, 2-year-old Josie, was born prematurely and suffered a myriad of health problems, Michelle Duggar continues to further populate the earth with someone named Jim Bob and feels OK about it. The couple claimed if a fear of a high-risk pregnancy kept them from having children, they would have stopped at number 5, when Michelle was first diagnosed with preeclampsia. Well how on earth would they have gotten a reality show then, hmm?
Is Jessica Simpson walking in the same sensible shoes as Michelle Duggar? Jessica told People she would love to have more kids someday, even though she’s currently still pregnant with her first. Call me after 24 straight hours of an amazing no-sleep baby, then we’ll talk about how many kids you want, Jessica. She also said pregnancy is a “spiritual time” and when she’s tired she asks fiance Eric Johnson to “rub her”. If peeing 18 times a day is spiritual then yes….pregnancy is spiritual.
You know what they say — the couple who rubs together, stays together.
A couple who would never be so crass to talk about rubbing in public? Prince William and Kate Middleton (Princess Catherine to you) who are in the middle of a baby bump watch of royal proportions. The newly crowned Princess has been raising eyebrows about her bun-in-the-oven state by first refusing to eat peanut paste during a royal appearance in Denmark last week and then appearing in a loose fitting gown to a palace dinner. Because if you’re not pregnant, you have to always wear tight clothes and eat anything people put in front of you. (Only the second applies to me.)
What else is going on in the celebrity gossip world other than “oh, not a whole lot. Been sort of a boring week this week,”?
- Kim Kardashian realized she was falling off the first page of news results and flew to Minnesota to reportedly talk to soon-to-be ex-husband Kris Humphries.
- Oh and? Kim Kardashian‘s ex-publicist Johnathan Jaxson claims the fairytale wedding was a sham and that the idea she didn’t make money off of it is “foolish”. I know. What a shock.
- Radar Online broke the story that Justin Bieber‘s maybe mama MariahYeater was arrested for battery in 2007 for attacking a thrift store clerk and sending her to the hospital. What a class act. Justin Bieber should be honored to be the father of that baby.
- Director Brett Ratner stepped down as producer of this year’s Academy Awards telecast after a hate-speech filled interview for his new movie, Tower Heist, and a sexually explicit interview on the Howard Stern show. woah, woah, woah! says the Oscars people. We want it edgy, but not that edgy.
- Eddie Murphy also stepped down from the Academy Awards host. I didn’t get the memo that Eddie Murphy was still relevant. Must have gotten lost in the mail. Billy Crystal will replace him. For the ninth time. So. Yay?
- Piers Morgan has decided to leave America’s Got Talent after six years. Feisty British talent scouts, the line forms here.