This one is two-fold.
In my first Summer Blog Social, I talked about how important it is to write what you want to write, being authentic, and not writing just for page views.
I still think that’s true.
However, I mentioned how much I like the community aspect of blogging, and this is a two-way thing. I want to write not only what I like and what I’m comfortable writing about, but also posts that others want to read. If a blog posts on the Internet and nobody reads it, was it worth the effort?
It’s Blogworthy answers the question, “Why should I write about this?” My challenge for every post is to make every topic, even the dull, boring ones, worthy of a blog. See what I did there?
My topics here are:
- My baby. But only by default because most interesting things in my life happen to, with or because of him.
- Work. Cause my work peeps kick Buttowski.
- Celebrity news and reality TV. I’m keeping one day every week (Fridays. The Round-up. Didn’t you know?) for celebrity stuff. Iwish I had more time to watch reality TV like I used to because it’s a gold mine of cray cray.
- My many travels, which aren’t so many these days. I’ve written about our weekend trips and day trips to Savannah, Tampa, Orlando, St. Augustine and beyond.
- General Life Stuff. This is the catch-all category. In fact, there is an actual category on my Nav bar called “My Blogworthy Life” that holds everything that doesn’t fit into the above.
I’m not a Mommy blog, I’m not a celebrity blog; I’m not saving money or fitness or travel. But I’m a little of all these things.
So, how do I hone in on my niche? Do I have a niche? Do I WANT a niche?
What do people want to read? What brings you back? What makes you click that subscribe button?
I have a Facebook page for the blog, and you can find it here.
I have no idea what to do with said Facebook page.
I forget about it.
It’s like the nice clothes I have way back in my closet that I never wear.
So, I post crap to it; new posts and the like. Sometimes I’ll say, “Hey e’rybody, it’s Saturday, get excited!” or the like and get no response. Sometimes I post celebrity news throughout the week and also don’t get response.
Basically, the main problem is that I get no response.
My questions are:
How do you guys use your Facebook pages? How do you use others’ Facebook pages?