Do you ever wish you were somebody like, say, the guy who invented Facebook? I mean he came up with some lame idea to basically stalk girls that he went to school with and now he’s a gazillionaire.
Or the coffee kiosk we saw on the Travel Channel show XTREME COFFEE SHOPS where girls serve you coffee dressed in nothing but their underpants. The owner can’t believe how successful it’s been (as she rolls around in piles of money). One girl, who was wearing a cowboy hat, leather chaps and a cow print bikini, said she is shocked that people just keep coming back. And you guys, the shop is literally in a shed. A shed you can buy and build yourself on some random weekend.
Occasionally I’ll come up with an idea, or Hubby and I will come up with an idea together, and think, if only we could make this happen, we’d so make a million dollars. I want to share some ideas with you guys but I have already done the poor man’s copyright with them so don’t even think about stealing them, and if you do I will hunt you down and then make you be a contestant on the Bachelor. Serious as a heart attack, folks.
Spend any time in a tourist town and you’ll see one of these ghost tours popping up. Those places are *lousy* with ghost tours already, and they are all more or less the same, but to make ours even better, we came up with the following ideas:
- Sell bottled water for 75 cents instead of $1 like everybody else.
- Sell things like “authentic Civil War style bullets” or “rocks like the ones the lady fell into when she jumped”.
- Sell small flashlights or candles. Oriental Trading Company sells them for $5 per dozen — that’s 41 cents per flashlight. We’ll sell them for $1 each and offer it at the beginning of each tour.
We’ve been on a metric crap ton of ghost tours in our day because we’re tremendous suckers and have never once seen a ghost. I mean, hell, half the time you just wander aimlessly listening to ghost stories. We can get those off the internet or from a book.
So let’s break it down.
- learning ghost stories from the internet or checking out a book from the library: FREE
- Bottled water: $6 per 24 pack= $6
- Mini-flashlights: $5 per doze x two dozen = $10
- Our time: FREE
- We’ll charge $7 per person x 15 people per group = $105
- Two groups = $210
- Four nights per week = $840
- Supplies = $64 per week
- Profit = $840
TOTAL: $776 per week
Yearly total: $40,352
The bonus? Each tour lasts 2 hours, so you’re only working 4 hours a day for 4 days MINIMUM. I’m just guessing that you’ll only be able to get big crowds on the weekends (which is including Thursdays). Add a one tour a day for the rest of the week and you’ve got at least a couple extra hundred.
Problems with this plan:
- Me no live in a tourist town.
- I’m sort of lazy and like to be in my PJs after 5 pm.
Maybe it can be some creepy, “people who died in their sleep and are now ghosts” tour and PJs will be my costume.
I’ve got a million more…I’ll share another one tomorrow.